Sunday, October 21, 2007

Outside, Looking In...


Something New - Billy Rancher and the Unreal Gods

(The two months off gave me time to think. I was too broke to do anything...here I was: no school, no job, no money...wtf was I doing??? Would Billy be okay? Did this lead to a future? Looking back, I needed this time off to reflect on what was important to me.



The whole reason I joined the band was to travel. I'd gone to Corvalis, Eugene and Seattle...and I had to drive my car! It's not quite what I had in mind at all.



Before the band, I was out with my friends backpacking, tubing rivers, catching crawfish, fishing; every single weekend. What was beautiful in this new life?



The beautiful part was given from the crowd...their reaction...their response. Billy didn't need dancers...the band was the star of the show. I had trained so hard for all those years, to do the Pony (it's an old 60's dance)??? Sheesh!



Maybe I was feeling down because of leaving on the awful note from Tosh show. Maybe it was because I was bored. All I knew is that personally, I was finding myself at a turning point in my own life, with this time on my hands to think.



Were the glitter, autographs and lights nourishing my soul as much as being on the beach picking up shells? Not even close. Sorry folks, but upon reflection, not much about what I was doing beat my old life, in my eyes.



The show was Billy's vision and dream. I realized I did not share those feelings. Good or bad, I would stand by my new friends and see where this journey would lead. )

No comments: