Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Start of Something Big...

A friend of mine has taken me down the road of remembrance. Thanks, KC...you spurred something in me.

Up until yesterday, I had not digitized the old band photos... it kind of hurts to remember (no, not my brain!) . It was such an amazing time in my life, but short lived under the most tragic circumstances.

I was in a band in the early 80's that was fortunate enough to be asked to open a show for Peter Tosh. Here is a picture of the marquee, Candyce (the other dancer) 2nd from the left, 2 friends and myself (far right) the day of the show.

Peter Tosh was an in-your-political-face advocate for a better world and Jamaican rights his entire music career. He was not content to be quiet in any of his beliefs, which eventually killed him (imho). His performance that night was extremely spiritual, as he spoke of his visions in between songs.

I'll post this slowly because there was so much I remember, and as another blogger I watch so eloquently puts it, 'I'd like it to marinate,' just a little bit. Thanks again, KC.



Image

1 comment:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Celeste, nice job on your blog. I started one here too my addy is in my blogroll on 360. I haven't figured out how to list my contacts here yet though. This site has alot of chefs, and artists etc. It is a nice spot for tutorials and such too. My favorite format for interacting with my friends though is still 360. Hugs Kathy in ozarks